- Fire Department
- Volunteer Opportunities
MPR Fire accepts applications throughout the year for those interested in serving as a Volunteer Firefighter. Preference may be given to applicants with current certification through the Texas Commission on Fire Protection or State Firefighters' and Fire Marshals' Association, though that is not a requirement to apply. The EMS Division has an additional pathway for skilled providers who possess Texas Department of State Health Services EMS certification at the EMT level or higher.
The selection process is competitive and includes the following steps:
- Complete an application and Criminal History Background Authorization form
- Attach a photocopy of your valid Texas driver license to the application packet and submit the documents by email to Fire Specialist Wilkerson at: Mark.Wilkerson@MPRTX.us
- Application and background information will be evaluated. Candidates who meet selection criteria will be invited to participate in the next steps.
- Successfully complete an Oral Interview board
- Successfully complete a timed Functional Assessment
- Fire Chief Interview
Candidates who pass each phase of the selection process will become Probationary Firefighters for a minimum of six months, following a final invitation to join the department. The probationary period is tailored to meet the individual needs of the candidate and department alike.
Our Education Services Division provides individualized, high-quality initial and continuing training for our Firefighters. Firefighters who provide a year of exemplary service may be afforded the opportunity to attend Fire Academy at no cost. Uniforms and compliant personal protective equipment are issued and maintained by the department. MPR Fire is well-equipped and ready to serve our community with some of the latest and advanced operating guidelines and equipment. Our Volunteer Firefighters and EMS Providers have the following at their disposal:
- LifePak15 Monitor Defibrillators
- LUCAS Device
- iGel Supraglottic Airways
- Frontline Cardiac Arrest Medications
- Progressive Clinical Operating Guidelines
- Wilderness and Water Rescue Equipment
- Brand New Scott SCBA (Fall 2020)
- Elkhart Brass Smoothbores
- Combat Ready Hose
- Elkahart RAMs
- FLIR Thermal Imaging Cameras
- MSA CO Detectors
- MultiRAE 4-Gas Monitor
- DeWalt Rescue Cutoff and Chainsaws
- Wolfpack Gear Progressive Hose Packs
….and the list goes on!
Click Here to download our Volunteer Firefighter Info Packet and Application.
Click https://youtu.be/Ea9O394-vr8 to view the Functional Assessment video.
The Auxiliary has been a supporting partner with the Morgan's Point Resort Fire Department and Volunteer Firefighters for over thirty years. The main purpose of the Auxiliary is to raise funds through activities supporting the fiscal, public service and response support needs of the Fire Department and Volunteer Firefighters. For more information visit Auxiliary.